The last summer days – Bordeaux












Everyone has a bucket list. I don’t.

Maybe it’s because I feel immortal at the moment. Maybe it’s because I’m too busy to slow down to make plans. Or perhaps it’s because I am too impulsive with my decisions. I think the main reason is that I believe the best things in life cannot be planned; they find you anyway.

Bordeaux was Alwin’s idea. Apart from wine, I knew absolutely nothing about the place, so I never even had the chance to dream about it. The day before we left, I quickly browsed through a few blogs and travel guides – completely unnecessarily, because adventures can not be copied; they are perfectly tailored.

Neither of us is particularly gifted at planning, so we explored the city intuitively. Literally, we only drifted. We lived. We wandered. We visited museums and galleries — and, quite often, we even received our own personal guided tours. We obviously did not skip the restaurants, cafés and bakeries. And we enjoyed those few gloriously hot days that the Dutch weather had spared us at the very end of summer.

You can find a list of Bordeaux’s main attractions pretty much anywhere, so instead of repeating them here, I’ll share a few of my own personal discoveries.

Moxy Hotel – a stylish, playful hotel at a surprisingly budget-friendly price. It is close to the Cité du Vin and Les Halles Bacalan, not to mention the tram stop, from where the city centre is only about ten minutes away. Be careful, the rooms facing the food court are super noisy.





























Mindenkinek van bakancslistája, nekem nincs. Talán azért, mert halhatatlannak érzem magam (egyelőre), talán azért mert időm sincs gondolkodni rajta, hogy mit szeretnék még látni. Vagy talán azért, mert hirtelen felindulásból döntök, vagy esetleg azért, mert megtanultam, hogy a legjobb dolgokat nem lehet tervezni, úgyis megtalálnak. 

Bordeaux Alwin ötlete volt, én a boron kívül semmit sem tudtam erről a helyről, így esélyem sem volt álmodozni róla. Az indulásunk előtti nap futottam át néhány blogot, útleírást. Teljesen feleslegesen, mert ami ott várt úgyis személyre szabott kaland volt. 

Mivel egyikünk sem jeleskedik a szervezésben intuitív módon fedeztük fel a várost (értsd:) sodródtunk, éltünk, jártuk a  múzeumokat, galériákat (nem ritkán személyes tárlatvezetést kaptunk), természetesen az éttermeket, kávézókat, pékségeket sem hagytuk ki és élveztük azt a pár forró napot amit a holland időjárás lespórolt a nyár végéről. 

A látnivalók listáját gyakorlatilag bárhol megtalálhatjátok így csak a személyes élményeimet osztom meg itt...az angol szövegben megtaláljátok a linkeket.






















Popular Posts